Evrika Foundation is a classical type foundation. It is a non-governmental, non-religious and non-political organization, legal entity according to the Bulgarian legislation. It is registered in the Central Register of the Ministry of Justice for the performance to the benefit of society.
Evrika Foundation was established in 1990 by a number of state and public organizations with the aim to support talented children and young people in the implementation of projects in the field of science, engineering and management; to support young innovators and entrepreneurs; to disseminate scientific and engineering knowledge and knowledge in the field of economics; to help for the improvement of the material base for scientific and engineering work; to render support in education and specialization, as well as to promote international cooperation in the fields of science and engineering etc.
The Foundation`s equity amounts of 7 885 000 levs. In 2016 the revenues of the Foundation amounted to 340 000 levs. The sources of funds for the activities of the Foundation are income from renting its property, donations and income from the programmes of the foundation.
In the year 2016 the Foundation has helped several joint and individual projects for/of children and young people with expressed interests in the field of science, engineering and management and has provided support to several thousand talented young people.
During 2016 the Foundation maintained its wide specter of activities and services, namely granting financial aid and scholarships, supporting young innovators and entrepreneurs, supporting scientific and technical activities of the young people, providing free consultations, free information services, publishing activities, realization of projects in partnership with other Bulgarian and foreign organizations etc.
Only for the last year Evrika Foundation has:
- paid scholarships to 52 university and school students who won a contest through name-scholarships, scholarships on donations from “Huawei Technologies Bulgaria” and winners of medals from international Olympiads in mathematics, informatics, physics, chemistry and biology;;
- supported the participation and specialization of two young scientists and specialists in scientific forums abroad;
- supported the organization of 24 significant scientific and engineering events for children and young people in Bulgaria and abroad, as well as the organization of 6 editing, educational, scientific and informational projects;
- supported the publishing of special articles and newspapers, which aim to promote and popularize the activities of children and young people in the field of science and technology;
- rendered free consultations to a lot of young people on the legal protection of intellectual property and commercial law issues;
- has organized on its own and in cooperation with other organizations the implementation of educational, scientific and innovative projects for/of young people like:
– National events for science and technique for the students from 5th to 8th and from 9th to 12th grade of study in cooperation with the National Palace of Children;
– National competition “The space – present and future of the humanity”;
– Student institute of mathematics and informatics in cooperation with the International foundation “St. Kiril and St. Metodii”, the Union of mathematicians in Bulgaria, the Institute of mathematics and informatics of the Bulgarian academy of sciences and the American foundation for Bulgaria;
– National competitions for modelism for pupils;
– National competition “The nature – our home” for pupils;
– National competition for pupil’s projects in the field of ecology and environmental protection;
– Youth scientific session on the topic „Physics in my world” in the 44nd National Conference on Physics Education;
– National Mathematics Olympiad for university students’2016;
– International Competition for computer drawing and collage “Creativity without borders” Haskovo’2016;
– Issueof children’sscientific and technologicaltabloid”Technitarche”;
– Keeping ofregular columnist “Tribune of Young” in the journal “Science”;
– Participation of Bulgarian students in the Sciences Expo ESЕ’2016 in Toulousa, France;
– Participation of Bulgarian students in the International Congress of young researchers in Zaragoza, Spain;
– Expo for inventions and innovations – ITI’2016;
– Joint project with ODK – Kyustendil “Creative Challenge IKAR – 2016”;
– Thirdinterschoolscientific conferencefor studentsoflanguage schoolsin Sofia;
– National student holiday “For Our Bread”, joint with United Children Complex – Blagoevgrad;
– Interdisciplinary Doctoral Forum, together with the Learning Center at Bulgarian Academy of Sciences;
– Joint project with the Institute of Organic Chemistry and the Centre of Phytochemistry of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences for organizing and conducting the youth school of bio-antioxidants within the first International Conference on Bio-antioxidants with the subject of “natural bio-antioxidants as a basis for new synthetic drugs and food additives”;
– A joint project with the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics on the subject of “Virtual school office for mathematics”;
– A joint project with the National Polytechnic Museum for the creation of a “Student Club in Construction”;
– A joint project with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Technical University – Sofia, for organizing and conducting a Student Science Conference;
– A joint project with the “Milen Grigorov” Foundation to conduct the “Youth Technical Creativity” event and competition, Gorna Oryahovitsa 2016;
– A joint project with the “Vasil Levski” middle school, from the city of Sevlievo, for organizing the National Festival “Science on Stage – 6”;
– Fifth National Student Scientific Session in Physics and Engineering technologies, together with the “P. Hilendarski” school;
– Student session within the International conference “Design and construction of buildings and facilities”, jointly with the Science and Technology Union of Construction in Bulgaria;
– Creation of the “Sofia – city of knowledge” Cluster.
Evrika Foundation is a member of two prestigious international organizations – International Movement for Leisure Activities in Science and Technology (MILSET) and the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations (IFIA).
The Foundation maintains good partnership relationships, based on long-term contracts for collaboration with a number of organizations, universities and schools. Amongst them are the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, the Technical University of Sofia – faculties MF, MTF, VTU “Todor Kableshkov”, SUB, FNTS, SMB, SFB, the National Palace of Children, the National Polytechnic Museum and others, on the basis of which joint initiatives and activities, joint project and programs are organized.
Evrika Foundation is also a member of the Association “Bulgarian donators’ forum”, the National network for children in Bulgaria and the Specialized network for corporate social responsibility CSR Bulgaria.