The “Evrika” Foundation is one of a classic type. It is a non-governmental, non-religious and non-political organization, a legal entity under Bulgarian law and operates in the public interest.
Evrika Foundation was established in 1990 by a number of state and public organizations with the aim to support talented children and young people in the implementation of projects in the field of science, engineering and management; to support young innovators and entrepreneurs; to disseminate scientific and engineering knowledge and knowledge in the field of economics; to help for the improvement of the material base for scientific and engineering work; to render support in education and specialization, as well as to promote international cooperation in the fields of science and engineering etc.
The Foundation`s equity amounts of 7 945 000 levs. In 2020 the revenues of the Foundation amounted to 361 855 levs. The sources of funds for the activities of the Foundation are income from renting its property, donations and income from the programmes of the foundation.
For the past 31 years since its creation, the “Evrika” Foundation has:
– provided scholarships or scholarship bonuses to 2 787 students;
– helped 1 562 young people take part in international scientific forums and to specialize in prestigious scientific centers and companies;
– organized and held 786 events – competitions, tournaments, conferences and schools for children, students, university students, young scientists and specialists;
– provided financial help to young scientists in their scientific research and has contributed to the implementation of young people’s economic initiatives.
In the year 2020 the Foundation has helped several joint and individual projects for/of children and young people with expressed interests in the field of science, engineering and management and has provided support to several thousand talented young people.
During 2020 the Foundation maintained its wide specter of activities and services, namely granting financial aid and scholarships, supporting young innovators and entrepreneurs, supporting scientific and technical activities of the young people, providing free consultations, free information services, publishing activities, realization of projects in partnership with other Bulgarian and foreign organizations etc.
Only for the last year Evrika Foundation has:
- paid scholarships to 46 university and school students who won a contest through name-scholarships and winners of medals from international Olympiads in mathematics, informatics, physics, chemistry and biology;
- supported the organization of 28 significant scientific and engineering events for children and young people in Bulgaria and abroad, as well as the organization of 6 editing, educational, scientific and informational projects;
- supported the publishing of special articles and newspapers, which aim to promote and popularize the activities of children and young people in the field of science and technology;
- rendered free consultations to a lot of young people on the legal protection of intellectual property and commercial law issues;
- has organized on its own and in cooperation with other organizations the implementation of educational, scientific and innovative projects for/of young people like:
- National events for science and technique for the students from 5th to 7th and from 8th to 12th grade of study in cooperation with the National Palace of Children;
- National competition “The space – present and future of the humanity”;
- Student institute of mathematics and informatics in cooperation with the International foundation “St. Kiril and St. Metodii”, the Union of mathematicians in Bulgaria, the Institute of mathematics and informatics of the Bulgarian academy of sciences and the American foundation for Bulgaria;
- National competitions for modelism for pupils;
- National competition “The nature – our home” for pupils;
- National competition for pupil’s projects in the field of ecology and environmental protection;
- National Mathematics Olympiad for university students;
- Issueof children’sscientific and technologicaltabloid”Technitarche”;
- Keeping ofregular columnist “Tribune of Young” in the journal “Science”;
- Expo for inventions and innovations – ITI’2020;
- Joint project with ODK – Kyustendil “Creative Challenge IKAR – 2020”;
- A joint project with the National Polytechnic Museum for the creation of a “Student Club in Construction”;
- A joint project with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Technical University – Sofia, for organizing and conducting a Student Science Conference;
- A joint project with the “Milen Grigorov” Foundation to conduct the “Youth Technical Creativity” event and competition, Gorna Oryahovitsa 2020;
- Joint section “Evrika! Successful Bulgarians!” with the Bulgarian National Radio, “Hristo Botev” Program;
- 11 International competition for computer drawings and collages “Creativity Without Borders” Haskovo’2020;
- Sixth inter-school scientific and technical conference for language school students in Sofia;
- National competitions for achievements in science and for the best young manager, inventor and farmer;
- Youth scientific session on “Physics in life and in the world around us” within the 48th National Conference on Physics Education, in collaboration with the Union of Physicists in Bulgaria;
- Student session within the international conference “Design and construction of buildings and facilities” DCB’2020;
- Youth Forum “Science, Technology, Innovation, Bussiness”, autumn 2020, together with the “Territorial Organization of Scientific and Technical Unions with the House of Science and Technology – Plovdiv” Association;
- Joint project with the Union f Mathematicians in Bulgaria for student and teacher distance learning forms in mathematics and informatics;
- Joint project with the Professional High School of Computer Technology and System- Pravets, for the creation of automated home management;
- Joint project with the Professional High School of Electronics and Automation – Sofia, for the development of automated devices based on the ARDUINO microcontroller, oriented towards the usage of PGEA;
- Joint project with “Vale” Computer School – Haskovo, for the functioning of the Student School of Robot Design;
- National Forum for Modern Space Research, together with the Union of Physicists in Bulgaria.
The Foundation maintains good partnership relationships, based on long-term contracts for collaboration with a number of organizations, universities and schools. Amongst them are the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, the Technical University of Sofia – faculties MF, MTF, VTU “Todor Kableshkov”, SUB, FNTS, SMB, SFB, the National Palace of Children, the National Polytechnic Museum and others, on the basis of which joint initiatives and activities, joint project and programs are organized.
The “Evrika” Foundation is a member of two prestigious international organizations – the Movement for Science and Technology in Leisure (MILSET) and the International Federation of Inventory Associations, as well as the “Bulgarian Donor Forum” association, the National Children’s Network in Bulgaria, Cluster Sofia – The city of knowledge and CSR Bulgaria’s Specialized Corporate Social Responsibility Network.