The “Evrika” Foundation is one of a classic type. It is a non-governmental, non-religious and non-political organization, a legal entity under Bulgarian law and operates in the public interest.
Evrika Foundation was established in 1990 by a number of state and public organizations with the aim to support talented children and young people in the implementation of projects in the field of science, engineering and management; to support young innovators and entrepreneurs; to disseminate scientific and engineering knowledge and knowledge in the field of economics; to help for the improvement of the material base for scientific and engineering work; to render support in education and specialization, as well as to promote international cooperation in the fields of science and engineering etc.
The Foundation`s equity amounts of 7 730 000 levs. In 2019 the revenues of the Foundation amounted to 343 926 levs. The sources of funds for the activities of the Foundation are income from renting its property, donations and income from the programmes of the foundation.
For the past 30 years since its creation, the “Evrika” Foundation has:
– provided scholarships or scholarship bonuses to 2 741 students;
– helped 1 503 young people take part in international scientific forums and to specialize in prestigious scientific centers and companies;
– organized and held 704 events – competitions, tournaments, conferences and schools for children, students, university students, young scientists and specialists;
– provided financial help to young scientists in their scientific research and has contributed to the implementation of young people’s economic initiatives.
In the year 2019 the Foundation has helped several joint and individual projects for/of children and young people with expressed interests in the field of science, engineering and management and has provided support to several thousand talented young people.
During 2019 the Foundation maintained its wide specter of activities and services, namely granting financial aid and scholarships, supporting young innovators and entrepreneurs, supporting scientific and technical activities of the young people, providing free consultations, free information services, publishing activities, realization of projects in partnership with other Bulgarian and foreign organizations etc.
Only for the last year Evrika Foundation has:
- paid scholarships to 48 university and school students who won a contest through name-scholarships and winners of medals from international Olympiads in mathematics, informatics, physics, chemistry and biology;;
- supported the participation and specialization of 3 young scientists and specialists in scientific forums abroad;
- supported the organization of 31 significant scientific and engineering events for children and young people in Bulgaria and abroad, as well as the organization of 6 editing, educational, scientific and informational projects;
- supported the publishing of special articles and newspapers, which aim to promote and popularize the activities of children and young people in the field of science and technology;
- rendered free consultations to a lot of young people on the legal protection of intellectual property and commercial law issues;
- has organized on its own and in cooperation with other organizations the implementation of educational, scientific and innovative projects for/of young people like:
- National events for science and technique for the students from 5th to 7th and from 8th to 12th grade of study in cooperation with the National Palace of Children;
- National competition “The space – present and future of the humanity”;
- Student institute of mathematics and informatics in cooperation with the International foundation “St. Kiril and St. Metodii”, the Union of mathematicians in Bulgaria, the Institute of mathematics and informatics of the Bulgarian academy of sciences and the American foundation for Bulgaria;
- National competitions for modelism for pupils;
- National competition “The nature – our home” for pupils;
- National competition for pupil’s projects in the field of ecology and environmental protection;
- National Mathematics Olympiad for university students’2019;
- Issueof children’sscientific and technologicaltabloid”Technitarche”;
- Keeping ofregular columnist “Tribune of Young” in the journal “Science”;
- Participation of Bulgarian students in the Sciences Expo ESI’2019 in Abu Dabi,OAE;
- Participation of Bulgarian students in the International Congress of young researchers in Zaragoza, Spain;
- Expo for inventions and innovations – ITI’2019;
- Joint project with ODK – Kyustendil “Creative Challenge IKAR – 2019”;
- A joint project with the National Polytechnic Museum for the creation of a “Student Club in Construction”;
- A joint project with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Technical University – Sofia, for organizing and conducting a Student Science Conference;
- A joint project with the “Milen Grigorov” Foundation to conduct the “Youth Technical Creativity” event and competition, Gorna Oryahovitsa 2019;
- Joint project with the Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Technology of the Technical University of Sofia;
- Joint section “Evrika! Successful Bulgarians!” with the Bulgarian National Radio, “Hristo Botev” Program;
- Joint project with Vocational School of Electrical Engineering and Automation in Sofia for equipment and software for training specialists in the field of “Monitoring and management of systems working in real time”;
- National Competition “Physics – Engineering – Technologies, together with the “P. Hilendarski” University;
- Youth Scientific session on the topic of “Structure of Matter” within the 47th National Conference on Physics training in collaboration with the Union of Physicists in Bulgaria;
- Tenth annual international competition for computer drawings and collages “Creativity Without Borders” Haskovo’2019;
- Sixth inter-school scientific and technical conference for language school students in Sofia;
- Youth scientific session within the Sixth international conference on “Ecological Engineering and Environmental Protection” – EECE’2019;
- Joint project with the Institute of organic chemistry with the Phytochemistry Center of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences for organizing and conducting a youth school of bio-antioxidants within the Third international conference on bio-antioxidants;
- VIII National student scientific conference on physics and engineering technologies with international participation;
- Digital knowledge and skills day “Programming and creating together” in collaboration with the “Vale” computer school at the “Zarya – 1858” primary school in Haskovo.
- National competitions for achievements in science and for the best young manager, inventor and farmer;
The Foundation maintains good partnership relationships, based on long-term contracts for collaboration with a number of organizations, universities and schools. Amongst them are the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, the Technical University of Sofia – faculties MF, MTF, VTU “Todor Kableshkov”, SUB, FNTS, SMB, SFB, the National Palace of Children, the National Polytechnic Museum and others, on the basis of which joint initiatives and activities, joint project and programs are organized.
The “Evrika” Foundation is a member of two prestigious international organizations – the Movement for Science and Technology in Leisure (MILSET) and the International Federation of Inventory Associations, as well as the “Bulgarian Donor Forum” association, the National Children’s Network in Bulgaria, Cluster Sofia – The city of knowledge and CSR Bulgaria’s Specialized Corporate Social Responsibility Network.